Autotab: jQuery auto-tabbing and filter plugin
Autotab 1.5.5 is OUT! Source files, documentation and demo can now be found on GitHub.
Autotab is a jQuery plugin that provides auto-tabbing and filtering on text fields in a form. Once the maximum number of characters has been reached within a defined text fields, the focus is automatically set to the defined target of the element. Likewise, clearing out the text field’s content by pressing backspace eventually places the focus on the elements previous target.
Why jQuery Autotab?
- Auto tabbing behaves logically, in both tabbing forward and tabbing backwards.
- Allow your users to easily modify your text in a tab that would otherwise auto tab away.
- Reduce the amount of bad data submitted in a form by filtering text fields.
- Populate multiple text fields by pasting into one.
- It is small, fast, easy to load and built on the powerful jQuery library.
Pasting support has basic functionality and has a lot of room for improvement, so use at your own risk.
Comments have been disabled on this page so that any bugs or features discussion can be done on GitHub.